Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Failed Shepherd

I am not God, thankfully not God. But I can imagine had I been a God or Goddess, had I been an It, I would probably be counting my lost sheep by now...

The shepherd has failed big time...he dispersed the livestock, the herd instead of gathering it together. He substituted the gold calf for the innocent lamb...he led them astray into thorny pastures, pitting them one against the other, one against the self...

Maybe the failed shepherd thought he was doing some good, but maybe he never thought, maybe he never engaged in thinking...

Maybe the shepherd was just a viscerally frightened sheep himself, lacking trust...maybe he was hoping to be taught a lesson from his herd...I don't know, am not God.

All I know is that he led them astray...and it's going to take One Almighty Shepherd to bring them together again.